The swiss government excellence scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students in Switzerland
Every year, the swiss government excellence scholarship awards outstanding international students this scholarship to pursue a post graduate degree and research program in Switzerland.
About the scholarship
The Swiss excellence scholarship is an initiative of the Swiss government through it’s federal commission for scholarship for international students. This scholarship is open to scholars from all over the world in different fields of studies to either pursue a masters or doctoral degree at any of the cantoral universities in Switzerland. These cantoral universities are
- The Switzerland university of applied sciences
- The two (2) federal institutes of technology in Switzerland.
- The Switzerland public teaching and research institute.
International scholars who have applied and have been screened and nominated by professors of their proposed institution as mentioned above will be considered for this scholarship.
Every year/academic session, this scholarship is also made available for arts students who are also willing to pursue a masters degree in Switzerland. These arts students are also made to apply and go through the necessary during process. Arts students awarded with this scholarship would have to study at any of the Swiss conservatory institutions or the Switzerland university of arts.
Over the years, this scholarship has given foreign and international students from all fields of study the opportunity to pursue a Masters, doctoral or post doctoral degree to study in Switzerland at it’s most accredited Universities, colleges and instructions to study and become professionals and expert in their various fields.
Annually, this scholarship reaches out to students in over 180 countries to award them with this scholarship. These students are screened, selected and awarded with the scholarship and are admitted into either one of the Swiss public Universities, the Swiss federal institutes of technology or the Swiss public teaching and research institute.
Please note that only students who have been offered provisional admission into any of the Swiss Universities or institutions are allowed to apply for this scholarship.
Field of studies
The Swiss government excellence scholarship is aimed at empowering students/scholars from all works of life. So this scholarship is open to students in all courses. There are no specific courses for the Swiss government excellence scholarship. Intending scholars are allowed to apply for this scholarship to study any course of their choice.
Level of studies
International students intending to apply for this scholarship has to be aware of the level of study that they are supposed to have attained and also the level of study they are eligible to apply for. International students intending to apply for this scholarship are supposed to apply for the following levels
- Masters degree in any course of their choice.
- Masters degree in arts
- A doctoral degree (PhD)
- A post doctoral degree.
Eligibility criteria for the Swiss government excellence scholarship
The Switzerland federal commission for scholarship for international students is the body in charge of this scholarship. This commission has set 3 major eligibility and requirements criteria to be met my intending scholars before they can be selected for this scholarship. These three (3) criteria are
- Candidates profile must be excellent and it must showcase academic excellence.
- Quality of research programs and artistic works: Intending scholars would have to provide a detailed research work and also arts students must also provide a detailed and professional art work.
- Potential of their research programs and art works: The research program provided by students must showcase intelligence and potentials that will be able to affect world development positively.
The application process for the Swiss government excellence scholarship is very simple. Students are to carry out all application process online and further information would be discussed with them through emails.
After students have successfully completed their application, the Switzerland federal commission for scholarship for international students would review it and select outstanding students who have met with all the necessary criteria and award them with the scholarship.
Please note that selection is based on academic excellence and strength of research or art work provided.
Benefits of the Swiss government excellence scholarship
Students who have been awarded this scholarship would stand a chance of benefitting the following
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Health insurance
- Special lodging allowance.
Intending scholars aspiring to be awarded this scholarship must meet with the terms and conditions set by the Switzerland federal commission for scholarship for international students. These terms and conditions includes
- Students must possess a bachelors or master’s degree from a prominent or accredited University.
- Students must provide a detailed document of their previous academic achievement and what they aim to achieve with this scholarship.
- Students must contact their chosen institutions and must provide all supplementary information required before the application period elapses.
- Intending students must be below the age of 35
- Intending scholars must be fluent in one of these languages which are English, French or German.
The deadline for this scholarship may differ depending on the country but generally the application for the Swiss government excellence scholarship is between September to December. This means that the general deadline for this scholarship is in December.
For more information on the Swiss government excellence scholarship, intending scholars should visit www.sbfi.admin.ch